Tuesday, 12 December 2017
Monday, 27 November 2017
The blue ringed octopus lazily climbed the sandy sea floor. sadness floated upon her therefore her prey escaped. The blue whale glided through the open ocean searching for krill as blue jellyfish pulse through the water towards the top. There are many more hues of blue in this environment then species
Thursday, 2 November 2017
The Ice Castle (Original)
The ice castle looked above me while the frozen water ran over my feet like charging bulls, I ignored the angry goose bumps creeping up on my legs like spiders who want to make me their feast, and kept on going. When I decided to quit, thump ! shaking the ice like a giant that had just stood out of the heavy guarded doors swung open this image changed my whole life…
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The Ice Castle (Recreated)
The refrigerated mansion loomed above me while the chilled water ran over my feet like charging bulls. I ignored the furious goose bumps creeping up on my legs like spiders who wanted to make me their feast, and kept on going. When I decided to quit, a loud Thump! shook the ice barrier like a unexpected earthquake that had just rumbled into the castle. Then the heavy guarded doors swung open this image changed my entire life…
What are freshwater ecosystems?
- What do they include?
Freshwater ecosystems include lakes, ponds, streams, springs, rivers and wetlands.
- Freshwater ecosystems cover at least 20% of Earth
- They cover 20% of the world
- They are spread out in various locations of the world
- Algae, Water Lilies and Duckweed float on surfaces of freshwater biomes.
- Cattails and reed grow on the shoreline of most freshwater biomes.
- Fish, Frogs, Insects, Amphibians, Reptiles, Birds, Turtles, Otters, Crocodiles, Dragon flies and pink river dolphins live in freshwater biomes.
- Some animals have suction-cups to help them grip onto stuff around them as
- If the world didn’t have freshwater biomes, then humans would most likely not be here today. We need water to drink and keep us hydrated and to help us survive.
What is a freshwater ecosystem?
A freshwater ecosystem is an ecosystem that includes animals and plants these categories include Algae, Water Lilies, Duckweed, Fish, Frogs, Insects, Amphibians, Reptiles etc. Freshwater ecosystem covers at least 20% of the earth therefore there is not that much freshwater ecosystem but are spread out in various locations around the world the biggest lake in New Zealand is Lake Taupo located in Waikato in the north island