Thursday, 2 November 2017
The Ice Castle (Original)
The ice castle looked above me while the frozen water ran over my feet like charging bulls, I ignored the angry goose bumps creeping up on my legs like spiders who want to make me their feast, and kept on going. When I decided to quit, thump ! shaking the ice like a giant that had just stood out of the heavy guarded doors swung open this image changed my whole life…
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The Ice Castle (Recreated)
The refrigerated mansion loomed above me while the chilled water ran over my feet like charging bulls. I ignored the furious goose bumps creeping up on my legs like spiders who wanted to make me their feast, and kept on going. When I decided to quit, a loud Thump! shook the ice barrier like a unexpected earthquake that had just rumbled into the castle. Then the heavy guarded doors swung open this image changed my entire life…
What are freshwater ecosystems?
- What do they include?
Freshwater ecosystems include lakes, ponds, streams, springs, rivers and wetlands.
- Freshwater ecosystems cover at least 20% of Earth
- They cover 20% of the world
- They are spread out in various locations of the world
- Algae, Water Lilies and Duckweed float on surfaces of freshwater biomes.
- Cattails and reed grow on the shoreline of most freshwater biomes.
- Fish, Frogs, Insects, Amphibians, Reptiles, Birds, Turtles, Otters, Crocodiles, Dragon flies and pink river dolphins live in freshwater biomes.
- Some animals have suction-cups to help them grip onto stuff around them as
- If the world didn’t have freshwater biomes, then humans would most likely not be here today. We need water to drink and keep us hydrated and to help us survive.
What is a freshwater ecosystem?
A freshwater ecosystem is an ecosystem that includes animals and plants these categories include Algae, Water Lilies, Duckweed, Fish, Frogs, Insects, Amphibians, Reptiles etc. Freshwater ecosystem covers at least 20% of the earth therefore there is not that much freshwater ecosystem but are spread out in various locations around the world the biggest lake in New Zealand is Lake Taupo located in Waikato in the north island
Tuesday, 31 October 2017
Monday, 16 October 2017
我的名字是 凯文 和 安东尼
(Our names are Kevin and anthony)
(Today we will to tell you why the Chinese week is very important)
On the 16th of October to the 22nd of October the chinese language week will encourage people to speak the chinese languages and learn it. Some people also take some time with their families to tell stories that have morals and teaching to encourage people to do the right things. Sometimes our families make dumplings (水饺 ) , eat Hot Pot (火锅) , eat roast Duck (烤鸭),Noodles(面条)and have sticky rice (糯米饭). We have only covered some of the thing that people do to celebrate chinese language week. Some other bonuses are when people perform the dragon dance at chinese language week festivals . (舞龙)
In 2013 there were 171,000 chinese New Zealanders . Right now 1 out of 4 people In NZ are chinese. Almost every single year my parents and my aunty and uncle have a dinner together . Normally it would be a barbecue. The people tend to wear red and yellow to parties or celebrations . They do so because these or the lucky colour of china.